About the CWO
The CWO is...
- The grassroots network that provides support and focus for women in the Conservative Party
- Reaching out to women in all parts of the community
- Campaigning on issues of particular concern to women both nationally and internationally
- Encouraging women to be politically active and to get elected at all levels
- Ensuring that the women's perspective is taken into account because women see things differently to men
- Helping the Conservative Party capture the women's vote
Conservative Party Policies for Women
The Conservative Party wants to give women real choice over their own lives - something that remains elusive for too many women in 21st Century Britain. They will focus on five main areas:
- Women in the workplace
- Vulnerable women
- Women in their communities
- Women and ethnicity
- Women in international development
They have already announced a number of policies, including:
- Measures to tackle the gender pay gap, including stronger legislation to prevent employers discriminating and better careers guidance for young women.
- The extension of the right to request flexible working to all parents with children under the age of 18.
- The introduction of a new system of flexible parental leave, so parents can decide how to divide paid maternity leave between them and are able to make use of it simultaneously.
- A new strategy to tackle violence against women, including a greater focus on preventative work in schools, better training for police and front-line professionals and new rape crisis centres. Find out more!